Whether a general practitioner or a dental specialist, the rules of the game continue to change rapidly when managing your practice. As the business world evolves in a speed parallel to the ever dynamic realm of technology, the practice owner seeks timely and accurate information to make informed management decisions. Those decisions must be based upon accurate financial data, coupled with practice and dental industry specific knowledge. This is where WSW Dental CPAs supports clients in the success of their practice.
Why a dental specific CPA? For one simple reason: industry specific knowledge. Although the CPA profession speaks the language of business, you need someone who knows the dialect of dentistry. From understanding how patient flow creates cash flow to managing hygiene to protect profitability, or creating a network of referrals for specialists, a CPA having dental industry specific experience can teach you solid business principles to ensure your practice maintains a competitive edge. Our approach to keeping your financial records is based upon attributes of the dental profession, not the generic nature of businesses in general. Thus, we provide financial statements reflecting the costs incurred to generate patient revenue. Our tax planning is structured to “prevent” surprises in meeting your tax obligations while ensuring cash flow specific to the practice remains steady. Again, connecting accounting knowledge with dental industry specific information, sets WSW Dental CPAs apart.
Our client service model is simple: support the client in completion of their accounting tasks by leveraging the technology. We utilize QuickBooks accounting software reflecting general ledger accounts specific to the needs of the client. By utilizing the ability to electronically download transactions from bank and credit card accounts, the efficiency of the process is increased significantly. The flowchart below outlines the roles of the client and WSW.
The tax return preparation process is founded upon the active tax planning throughout the calendar year by WSW. The client is to provide the necessary documents and information relevant to year end while WSW completes the return preparation in accordance with current tax law. The return process also allows for additional communications between the client and WSW on forward looking tax strategies for the following tax year.
Client Acceptance Process:
Prior to WSW Dental CPAs accepting a new client, the dental services engagement team will communicate with the client on several topics to best understand their existing needs, desired outcome in a professional relationship with WSW, and personal financial goals. The purpose of this process is to create long term successful relationship between both the client and the firm. Ensuring a “win-win” scenario can be created is in the best interest of all parties.
WSW would welcome the opportunity to serve you, your family, and your practice.
As a professional speaker, Trent often presents to groups on subjects ranging from practice improvement, to core business skills for the dental professional to fraud:
- June 2017 - Sirona 3-D Summit in Napa Valley: Five and a Half Must Know Principles from a Dental CPA
- April 2017 - Sirona 3-D Summit in Costa Mesa: Five and a Half Must Know Principles from a Dental CPA
- March 2017 - Sirona 3-D Summit in Scottsdale: Five and a Half Must Know Principles from a Dental CPA
- February 2017 - I Love Dentistry - Portland, OR - If Dentistry Was A Business
- February 2017 - LSU Residents in New Orleans, LA
- January 2017 - Patterson Dental - Atlanta Branch - Consolidations, Competition & My Private Dental Practice: Can You Compete?
- December 2016 - Sirona 3-D Summit in Scottsdale: Five and a Half Must Know Principles from a Dental CPA
- June 2016 - Spoke at the Florida Dental Conference - Orlando
- June 2016 - Patterson Dental-Charlotte DSO Conference
- August 2016 - Patterson National Sales Meeting – Orlando
- September 2016 - First District Dental Society – Jonesborough, TN
- November 2016 - ADA conference in Washington D.C.
- October 2016 - Hu Friedy and A-dec in Chicago: Dentistry by the Numbers
- August 2015 - A-dec in Newberg, OR Dentistry by the Numbers: Vital Signs of Your Business
- October 2015 - A-dec in Newberg OR Dentistry by the Numbers: Vital Signs of Your Business
- September 29 - East Brainerd Study Club Chattanooga, TN What a Dentist Needs to Know About Accounting
- August 2015 - A-dec Experience, Newberg, OR
- May 2015 - Huntsville, AL Study Club, Hosted by Nashville Dental Inc
- February 2015 - Study Club hosted by Dr. Paul Weeks, Huntsville, AL
- January 2015 - Richland Country Club Study Club
- November 2014 - BluePrints for Success, Miami, FL Hosted by Wells Fargo, Patterson Dental, and A-dec
- November 2014 - Cocktail Reception for Dentists, Hosted by Henry Schein
- Various presentations to students at University of Alabama-Birmingham, University of Memphis, Vanderbilt University, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, and University of Louisville
George is experienced in corporate and transactional matters with a focus on emerging technology and healthcare companies, as well as the medical and dental practice industries . He is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Learn more >